]Boundaries for Life celebrates its fifth birthday this year and has conducted over a thousand free health checks across the UK since our first one at the Kia Oval back in 2010. None of this would have been possible without the kindness of our patron and benefactor Mr Martin Mills from med-fx who has very kindly sponsored our activities for the last three years. His very kind generosity has helped fund the blood sugar and cholesterol checks and allowed us to have access the state of the art machines which we use for our checks. We would also like to thank all the grounds for finding space for us to host our checks and we hope to continue to offer this initiative to as many clubs that will have us !!. We would also to thank all the volunteers who have given up their free time to carry out these checks with a smile. The feedback from those who have used our service has been outstanding and we hope to continue to provide this service for fans and staff at cricket venues alike.
The BFL initiative is growing from strength to strength and here are are some of our highlights.
- 2010 Health checks begin at the third npower test match between England and Pakistan at the Kia Oval
- 2010 Boundaries for life comes to life with our very own logo
- 2011 Health checks at a county one day final at Lords
- 2012 Health checks at Edgbaston and Old Trafford and Hove
- 2013 Boundaries for Life (BFL) wins a comendation at the Dentistry awards for providing mouth cancer checks
- 2014 Dr Chet Trivedy (BFL founder and lead) awarded a public engagement award by the University of Warwick for his work on the BFL initiative
- 2014 Institute of Advances Studies (IAS) fro mthe University of Warwick award a grant of £5,000 to evaluate the feedback from users of the BFL initiative
- 2014 First BFL stakeholder event held at Lords the home of cricket and the event is attended by several clubs.
- 2014 Analysis of feedback from over 500 users shows that 100% would recommend the checks to their family and friends.
- 2014 BFL teams up with the British Dental Health Foundation (BDHF) and the Dickie Bird Foundation at Lords to give mouth cancer the finger!. This was an initiative to improve the awareness around mouth cancer.
- 2015 BFL ventures to two new venues Headingly for the test between England and New Zealand and Swalec (Cardiff) to cover the men's and women's T20 international against Australia.
- 2015 The TMS team pay a visit at Headingley to have their checks done a very proud moment for the BFL team